Download REPAIR PROCEDURE
1. Obtain the customer‘s key code from the iN (KeyCode Inquiry). Refer to the Honda High SecurityKey Codes book that comes with the Matrix 2. H keycutting machine. Write down the applicable cuttingcode for the key code number. Make sure thecorrections to the code book listed in ServiceBulletin 01-077, Cutting Sidewinder-Type KeysWith the Matrix H Key Cutting Machine, have beenmade.
Use the chart below to write down the numbersfound in the key code book.
3. Remove the door panel. Refer to the appropriateservice manual or use ISIS keyword Door Panel.
4. Remove the plastic cover as necessary.
5. Raise the window glass fully.
6. Remove the lock cylinder.
• For Civic, go to step 7.
• For CR-V, go to step 8.
• For Element, go to step 11.
Pull down on the retainer clip with a hook-shapedtool. Remove the lock cylinder and disconnect thecylinder rod. Then go to step 14.